South Norwalk Electric and Water Residents
Get a free home energy assessment through the Home Energy Savings Program.
Conserving energy in your home doesn't have to mean making major changes – but it can mean saving big on your energy bills! Designed to help you maximize your home's energy efficiency, the Home Energy Savings Program is free to all South Norwalk Electric & Water customers.
- Conduct an overall health and safety check of your house, including a Combustion Appliance Zone test and CO test
- Perform a blower door test to find and correct air leakage around your house
- Perform a duct blast test to find and correct air leakage in ductwork
- Upgrade your lighting from incandescent bulbs to LED bulbs
- Install water and water heating energy-saving measures including low-flow shower heads, faucet aerators, and pipe insulation
- Make suggestions for additional measures and steps to improve energy efficiency
- Provide special rebate offers for replacing inefficient home appliances and installing additional attic insulation (as applicable)
Current Offers Include:
- Up to $1 off per square foot of attic insulation
- Up to $500 off ENERGY STAR® electric water heaters
- Multiple rebates available for heating and cooling systems