Lantern works with the top EV charging manufactures, and our in-house electrical experts are available to help you choose the best option for your needs.
EV Charging Equipment We Install
Home EV Charging Stations
There are two residential charger options: Level 1 and Level 2.
- Level 1 chargers work off 110-volt 20-amp outlets, which are standard in all homes. While no additional costs are typically required, these provide slower charging, adding about 4 miles of range per hour.
- Level 2 chargers operate off 240-volt and (usually) 40-amp circuits, so they must be installed by a professional. They are more efficient than Level 1 chargers, adding about 25 miles of range per hour.
What to Consider When Choosing a Home EV Charger
- Do you have space and capacity in your existing electrical system?
Lantern will assess your electrical panel and make any upgrades needed to accommodate your charging station.
- How fast do you need to be able to charge your car?
For faster charging needs, we can install a charger that adds up to 25 to 37 miles of range per hour.
- Where will your charger be located?
If your charging station will be in your garage or outside, the Lantern team can trench and install a pedestal charger, if needed.
- Are you concerned about cord length & cord management?
We’ll help you choose from cable cradles and wall-mount connection holsters to high-end auto coil systems that never touch the ground.
- Are you interested in a wifi-enabled charging station?
A smart EV charger allows you to set your charging schedule, get reminders and track charging costs—all from an app.
- What’s your budget?
If you’re working on a tight budget, we can help prioritize your EV charging station needs.
EV Charging Stations for Retail Businesses, Office Buildings, & Multi-Family Buildings
To provide fast charging that satisfies commercial needs, Lantern installs Level 2 and Level 3 DC charging stations from the industry’s top manufacturers.
Why Install a Commercial EV Charger?
As more car buyers opt for electric vehicles, your business can benefit by giving them a place to plug in!
- For businesses, an EV charger puts you on the map among those in-the-know, and helps to keep your clientele for a longer period.
- For office buildings, EV chargers can help to attract and maintain top talent, while showcasing your company’s green initiatives and cutting-edge efficiency.
- For multi-family buildings, EV charging stations help to attract and retain eco-conscious residents.
In addition to these benefits, there may also be state and local incentives for installing an EV charging station.
By Your Side from Start to Finish
- We’ll conduct a site assessment to determine your available power and EV charging options, including the best locations for chargers and future chargers.
- We’ll provide you with a cost estimate and recommend any needed upgrades.
- After discussing your preferences for billing & fee options, remote control, and access control, we’ll help determine which EV charging station meets your needs.
- Lantern will then guide you through:
- Setting the site plan
- Checking state and local regulations and site permitting
- Scheduling and coordinating your installation
- Arranging required inspections with utility and municipalities
- System commissioning and testing